1. Strategic Management in Hospitality: This unit focuses on developing strategic thinking and decision-making skills specific to the hospitality industry. Topics covered include strategic planning, market analysis, competitive positioning, and organizational development.
2. Financial Management for Hospitality: This unit explores financial management principles and practices applicable to the hospitality sector. Students learn about financial analysis, budgeting, cost control, revenue management, and financial reporting in the context of hotel and hospitality operations.
3. Marketing and Brand Management: This unit examines marketing strategies and techniques used in the hospitality industry. Students learn about market segmentation, target marketing, branding, advertising, and digital marketing. The unit also covers customer relationship management and the importance of building strong brands in the hospitality sector.
4. Hospitality Operations Management: This unit provides an in-depth understanding of the operational aspects of hospitality management. Topics covered include front office management, housekeeping, food and beverage operations, service quality management, and guest experience enhancement.
5. Human Resource Management in Hospitality: This unit focuses on the unique challenges of managing human resources in the hospitality industry. Students learn about recruitment, training, performance management, employee relations, and legal considerations specific to the hospitality sector.
6. Sustainable Tourism and Environmental Management: This unit explores the concepts of sustainable tourism and environmental management in the context of the hospitality industry. Students learn about sustainable practices, eco-friendly initiatives, and the role of hospitality businesses in protecting the environment and supporting local communities.
7. Strategic Sales and Revenue Management: This unit covers advanced topics in sales and revenue management in the hospitality industry. Students learn about sales strategies, pricing optimization, distribution channels, revenue forecasting, and data analysis techniques to maximize revenue and profitability.
8. Hospitality Law and Ethics: This unit examines legal and ethical considerations in the hospitality industry. Students gain an understanding of laws and regulations related to contracts, liability, intellectual property, employment, and consumer protection. The unit also explores ethical dilemmas and responsible business practices in hospitality.
9. International Hospitality Management: This unit focuses on the global aspects of hospitality management. Students learn about international hotel operations, cultural diversity, cross-cultural communication, global market trends, and the impact of globalization on the hospitality industry.
10. Strategic Leadership and Organizational Behavior: This unit explores leadership theories and practices in the hospitality context. Students develop skills in leading and managing teams, organizational behavior, change management, and fostering a culture of innovation and excellence in hospitality organizations.