The qualification comprises 9 units. The Learners must complete all mandatory units to achieve 34 credits and then choose a minimum of 6 credits from the optional units. A minimum of 40 credits is required to achieve the Diploma.
● Child development and enabling children to learn (9 credits)
● Physical activity and nutrition co-ordination (PANCo) in early years (6 credits)
● Supporting children with additional needs (4 credits)
● Partnership working in early years settings (6 credits)
● Implementing and evaluating change through a research project (6 credits)
● Legal requirements in childcare (3 credits)
Optional units (Choose minimum 6 credits)
● Assessing and planning for children’s changing developmental needs (6 credits)
● Caring for babies (6 credits)
● Caring for children through play out of school (6 credits)
The assessment is done via submission of assignment. There are no written exams.